Sunday, July 11, 2010

Marley & Us


This weekend was a very productive one. We originally thought we were going to go to Clinton for my roomate from colleges' wedding, but we ended up deciding not to. Instead we had some quality famiy time and became foster parents. ;)
Friday nite we went to James' parents house where his brother was staying, we just hung out there for awhile and then came home and went to bed... exciting, I know. Saturday we got up early and James mowed all day and I went with my other mother to Des Moines to go car shopping (shes buying a 2010 Malibu) and we had to go to Barnes and Noble to find books for Pops, hes running low. We ended up finding her a car, and the best deal in Marshalltown at Clemons (suprisingly). So she will go get it customized tomorrow. While she was in Barnes and Noble I went to Jareds to see about a ring that James wants to get me for my wedding gift, but I didnt see anything I liked. I was going to get my ring rhodium plated because it is so dull from wearing it so much it needs to get shined up, but they were going to charge me $30 and it was going to take 3 hours... no thanks. After that I went to Scheels to try to find a pair of rollerblades and they were SO expensive, $160 isn't worth it to me, I can find cheaper online. Then I went to the Bare Minerals store to see about getting makeup for the wedding. The girl did my makeup and it looked really good, but she never gave me prices on anything. I plan on doing my own makeup but I want it to last all night. So we will see where that goes. After that we came home, had dinner with his brother and his fiance and Vaeda. From there we brought Vaeda home and she stayed the night with us, we woke up this morning and went for Fat Pancakes in Legrand and then we took her home.
So... Last week James called me at work and told me that he wanted to go look at a dog here in town, and I was very hesitant because the last thing we need is another one. So I told him we could go look. Her owners (who I worked with at the nursing home) are too old to keep up with this dog, and the owner was getting a double knee replacement so she really needed to get rid of her. She said that if noone took her she was going to take her to the rescue league.... and that killed me. She is an absolutely beautiful dog, she is lab/weimeraner mix, and her name is Marley. Shes 1 and 1/2 years old and full of SPUNK! She is an absolute doll, and quite the charmer. Gets along great with kids and other dogs. Were trying to break her of her naughty habits before we send her on to her next owner, which James is very good at breaking the naughtys. I told him there was no way that we will keep her because we dont have the room anywhere, and some loving family will really want her. We wont just give her to anyone, we want her to have a good home. She will be a GREAT dog for a family. Shes a little confused tonite and kind of spazzy but I'm sure she will break that, shes not used to being inside a lot, and with other dogs, but I'm sure she will adjust just fine.
Today I got a lot accomplished with the help of a great friend and her mom. I went to Lacies (my personal attendants) house to help her put circles on the wall in baby Carlos Billy Raes room ;) ;) ;) no, shes not really naming it that, yes baby is an IT and she wont even mumble a name to me and its making me CRAZY! Its going to be a long 2 months! After we finished the circles her and her mom helped me assemble our invitations and get them addressed and stuffed into envelopes. I forgot minor details so we didnt get them sealed, but I cant wait for the day that I get to drop them in the mailbox. :)
After that I came home and "puppy proofed" the house, because I dont know what Marley is capable of, as of now, she is for sure a Marley.
Looks like this week I'm going to try and mention the honeymoon to James so we can get that figured out. Other than that, hopefully it will be a low key week, with no suprises from 3 dogs when I get home, yes they will all be kenneled but who knows with Marley what she will do.
Wish me luck tonite on sleeping!

No comments:

Post a Comment