Sunday, February 27, 2011

gosh, i have so much to spill! get ready for a long one!



Ok, a few more pictures from my session :) They are so awesome! Steph did a GREAT job, and it made me feel great! It was so hard choosing the ones I liked.... but I got it done! I cant wait to get the chance to go back to her.
Its been a crazy busy week in the Ebersole household. I feel like time is just flying by in life. Ugh, I'm not sure I like it.
Last Thursday we found out that James' best friends (Jeremy) dad had passed away, he had terminal cancer, it was a blessing that hes in a better place now, but Jeremy is having a hard time. We went to their house Thursday night to keep Jeremy and his mom Denise company to make it a little easier on them, that family has got a bunch of huge hearts, we love them dearly. We're hoping Jeremy decides to move home to be closer to his mom because he was an only child, its taking a lot of talking and were not sure he's going to go for it. Hes living in Davenport with his girlfriend Kobi right now... we will see.
Friday we left for Arkansas to see my Pops it was a LLLONNNNNNNG drive but it was so worth it. We got to the hotel around 1:00am on Saturday morning, and we left to go see him around 745 because you have to wait in line, blah blah blah. Well when we finally got in we had to fill out paperwork and be corralled(sp?) like a bunch of cows. It was terrible they make you feel like you have done something wrong. Its a bunch of "colored" people running the place, whites are definitely the minority. So we were in line, now mind you before we left I read the rules and regulations on clothing etc... you cant have logos on your shirt, no tanks, no cardigans, so pretty much just a plain tshirt was all you could wear, oh no bras with underwires either, no camis underneath shirts etc. You get my point. So I wore a plain black t shirt that is fitted for a woman. I thought no problem. WRONG! Went through the first door and I was told I had to change because when I lifted my arms you could see my armpits. SERIOUSLY!??!??!?! I was so upset. I balled, it was a long trip, I had little sleep and I was so excited to see my Pops, and then that happened. I was a mess. But good thing you have to wait in line forever, so we ran to walmart and bought me a shirt and a sports bra that had absolutely nothing to it, but more than nothing. (I felt like a hooker with no bra. ICK!) Went back and we got straight in. From there it was like the movies, they make you walk on sidewalks in a straight line and stop at checkpoints. We finally got to the visiting room, and yep you guessed it, as soon as I saw my Pops and actually got to hug him I balled. It was an amazing feeling to get to hug him. So overwhelming. It was great to get to sit and visit with him, we were there for about 2 hours but he gets too ancy so he doesnt do so well just sitting there. After we left we went to the hotel to take a nap and then we headed for Memphis Tennessee, its a 35 minute drive and TONS of fun! We went to Beale St, which is kind of like Mardi Gras, they have blues music on the street, you can drink on the streets, its like a big party. They have a ton of bars, we hit all of them, and then I wanted to get "real" southern BBQ, but of course James saw a Hooters so we went there for drinks and appetizers first. After that we went to a place called Alfreds for BBQ, it was ok, not what I'm used to but I can say I tried. Then we saw a bar....... THE bar! Coyote Ugly! I was SO excited. Although I wasnt really dressed very bar like, haha I was wearing my pink columbia fleece, a fight like a girl tshirt(with my sports bra - haha) and my nike tennis shoes. Sherri was DYING for me to get on the bar and dance with the girls or get up there and sing - its all just like the movie - so cooL! I wasnt having it... or so I thought. But get a few beers in me and I'm invisible! I got up there and danced, had not a care in the world because nobody knew me, it was SO FUN! We had a blast. There was a kid and his uncle sitting next to us that kept buying us drinks so it was a great night, and we had Mama Sherri as our DD, even better! We stayed til probably 1130, but we got there at 6. We left and headed back to Forrest City. Sherri got lost and James and I were yelling at her to go towards the pretty bridge (thats the way we came) and she didnt believe us, she claims we were 3 sheets to the wind.... well 3 sheets or not we were right ;) haha, thats why we love her!
James was hurting the next morning, I was up like a champ. :)
We went and visited Tom before we left for home. Super quick trip, but so worth every second of it. I miss him so much but it was good to see that he is doing good, and hasn't changed a bit :D
We got home and were wiped, so we went to bed :) I love being in my own bed after a vaca.
Monday night we had Jeremys dads visitation. There were TONS of people there, it always makes me wonder who is going to show up to my funeral, it actually freaks me out, but its something I try to think about... why, who knows. & I tell James what I want etc, and thats wierd too....
Tuesday we had the funeral, again, TONS of people in a little itty bitty church :) James was a pallbearer which was such an honor for him.
I worked and went to class the rest of the week, had to work Saturday, and then made Madi's (Jason & Janines daughter) her cakeballs for her birthday party today, then we helped in the shop at Sherris, shes building her house inside of it... yeah whacko, I know. We have the frame up and its actually pretty big. Then we went with Jason and Janine to Des MOines for the UFC fights at Buffalo Wild Wings. We had a great time and it was fun getting out of Gladbrook :)
Today we went to church, then to breakfast, then I came home and took a nap, then I went to the Spa to get my mani, pedi, massage and facial James got me for Valentines day, oh it was relaxing.... I wish I could go all the time. Hah! Then I came home and took another nap. Then Justin, Ashley and Vaeda came over because they were going to Yogi bear at the movie theatre here in town, I wasn't planning on going but Vaeda came in and told me I had to. I asked here why, and she said that I was her favorite Aunt... LOL! Then I asked her why else, and she told me it was a long story! She is a RIOT! The movie was good, better than I thought it would be, and she actually stayed awake. Ashley brought her wedding dress, and its BEAUTIFUL! Theyre getting married in May.
Then I ordered my pictures from my photo shoot.
And now here I am.
Yep told you it would be long! But thats a week in review! I think I got all the details!

No comments:

Post a Comment