Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I wish I could merge my blogs...

If anyone knows how to do that, let me know! Maybe I'll just start writing mainly on the baby on board, but change the name of it. Oh decisions decisions.
Things around here are a little wild, my house is a mess due to construction of 2 closets that I needed SO badly! Now I just want them done! James will be sanding and mudding tonite, so hopefully by his deadline we will have them finished (3.1.12 is the deadline so I have time to organize before our baby shower). I am so appreciative of all the help we have gotten with our projects, James isn't so handy, I don't know why he just isn't. Nor, does he have the patience for stuff like that. :)
Valentines day here was pretty low key. I got my yearly gift certificate to the Spa at the casino for a massage :) and a super cute card. I love when he pours out how he feels in a card. Thats my favorite thing. I just love cards. I got him a few books on becoming a new dad, that suprisingly he is flying through. I also told him that I have been buying his share of diapers for his son. Haha :)
We have been debating buying a "newer" car. His truck is WAY too expensive to be driving on a regular basis ($90 a week in gas, and I have a feelng its only going to get worse) so we've been looking for a 2008-2010 Malibu, but haven't found "the one". We really dont want the payment either, we've been getting a lot of stuff paid off here lately and that is a great feeling. If we were to get a newer car, he would drive my grand prix til the wheels fall off.... which I'm thinking is going to be more sooner than later unfortunately. $360 a month for gas is just ridiculous to me, I think we would save money having another car, and just using his truck for business purposes. Who knows what will happen, I just don't like the thought of another payment, but really it could be cheaper than the gas. Ugh.
This weekend we are going to my boyfriends concert in Cedar Falls. I got James (and myself :)) tickets to Jason Aldean and Luke Bryan. I'm pretty excited, it could be one of our last nights out as just the 2 of us. :)
I'm getting pretty "nestlike" according to James, I'm a cleanaphob right now, but whos to say thats a bad thing? I'm actually enjoying it. I just wish I could tackle the nursery, but not until the closet is done darnit!
We should be finding out sometime this week if James got into the Alliant Energy program, thats the other reason we haven't totally decided on a new car... because he will only be working part time at Pepsi if they let him stay. I just pray he gets into the program and gets a job, we need that.
I'm going to attempt to upload pictures of our closets...



The top closet is in the baby room, and the bottom is at the top of the landing where I will store linens, towels, and other random crap :)

No comments:

Post a Comment