Saturday, May 1, 2010

Univited House Guest tonite.... Didnt make reservations.

EEEEEKKKK!!!!!!

We had our first univited house guest tonight.... I was in the kitchen cleaning up and I saw a shadow of something, so I started looking around thinking it was a moth or a big bug. Low and behold it was a BAT.... a ICKY BAT! so I snuck into the TV room, and whispered to James that there was a bat in the kitchen and he immediatley freaked out :) HAHA. We had absolutely no idea what to do either. I told him to open doors to outside, while I closed doors on inside and locked the girls up in our bedroom... Then I went out to the shed to get a shovel, when James just told me to grab the broom. Oh my, it was quite the show. James was swinging that broom around like it was his job, he hit it once and it landed on the floor and I told him to sweep it out of the house, but he freaked out and told me to, so I grabbed the broom and attempted, and the bat started squeeling and that totally threw me for a loop so I ran.... Eventually James got a good swing at it and knocked him out enough and close enough to the door that we got him out.... Poor guy, I kinda feel sorry for him (the bat). Oh well, I told him to tell his friends to stay away. I dont want to see another one for a long time!
Hopefully we can get the roof done this summer so we wont have to worry about it, I need to find someone to come make sure there aren't any more in the house.... ugh, I wont be sleeping tonite.

James spent all day at Mamas, I was there for some of the day but I had to work from 130-530, work was SO slow! After that I went back there and had some pizza and then we went to Tama for ice cream and a few groceries.... I'm really not looking forward to Rochester, I'm too much of a homebody, although my mind will be at ease for me anyways..... with the bat situation. Ick Ick Ick. Hopefully that was just a one man show.
Thats all for today.... I didn't get a picture today, I left my camera at home. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment